We have adopted business practices that support our local community, the holiday resort industry, and our staff. Key areas of community involvement include providing support to voluntary organisations, clubs and business groups. Employees are also encouraged to volunteer locally.
We have special wheelchairs available that allow those with limited mobility to enjoy the beach. The wheelchairs have been donated to the community, so anyone is able to use them for free, whether you are a resident or visitor to Waihi Beach. Call 0800 924 448 or see our Beach Wheelchairs page for more information.
Our Community Involvement
- Waihi Beach Fire Brigade – Gym memberships provided for local fire brigade volunteers to assist with fitness.
- Waihi Surf Club – Major sponsor and provides prizes to the club.
- Waihi Beach Primary School – Prizes provided to use for fundraising.
- Waihi Beach Primary School – Facilities provided and overnight camping for school camps.
- Waihi Swimming Club – Use of pool for selected events.
- Local Playcentre – Facilities provided free of charge for end of year Christmas celebration.