We have adopted business practices that support our local community, the holiday resort industry and care for our staff. Key areas of involvement are at a community level providing support to voluntary organisations, clubs and business groups. At an industry level Ian is involved at leadership and consultancy levels. He speaks at industry conferences and provides on-going support to other holiday park operators. Employees are encouraged to volunteer locally. Philip John, an employee, attends any fire calls during company time on full pay.
- Waihi Beach Fire Brigade; Ian was Chief Fire Officer and used to spend about 5-6hrs a week of his time in this position.
- Provision of gym memberships in order to assist with fitness for local fire brigade volunteers.
- Regional Tourism Organisation; Ian is a member of the Tourism Bay of Plenty Governance Board.
- Waihi Surf Club ; major sponsor and provides prizes to the club.
- Waihi Beach Primary School; prizes provided to use for fundraising.
- Waihi Beach Primary School: provided facilities and overnight camping for the year 6 school camp.
- Waihi Swimming Club; use of pool for one day per year.
- Local Playcentre; provided facilities free of charge for Playcentre’s end of year Christmas celebration.