Where are we?
Waihi Beach is located in the Bay of Plenty region of New Zealand’s North Island, lying eleven kilometers east of the township of Waihi. Waihi Beach TOP 10 Holiday Resort is located in a quiet spot at the northern end of Waihi Beach.
Waihi Beach location offers nine kilometers of sweeping white sand with one of the safest surf breaks in New Zealand.
Getting to and from Waihi Beach…
By road from the North
- Follow State Highway 2 through Ngatea and Paeroa to Waihi township
- At the first roundabout in Waihi, turn right
- Follow the road out of Waihi for approximately 5 minutes
- Turn left into Waihi Beach Road (sign posted) and follow the road for about 8km until you reach a roundabout
- Go straight through the roundabout and follow the road for approximately
- 2 km until you see Waihi Beach TOP 10 Holiday Resort on your left
By road from the South
- From Tauranga follow State Highway 2 to Katikati.
- Approximately 11 kms from Katikati turn right into Athenree Road.
- Veer left into Steele Road which joins Emerton Road.
- Follow this road for 4.5km until it comes to a roundabout.
- Turn left into Seaforth Road and follow it for 3.5kms to a roundabout.
- Turn right into Beach Road.
- Follow Beach Road for 1km until you see Waihi Beach TOP 10 Holiday
- Resort on your left.
Intercity Coachlines run a daily service through Waihi Beach. To view their timetable and make reservations visit www.intercity.co.nz.
Waihi Beach is a short diversion off the Pacific Coast Highway touring route and Waihi Beach TOP 10 Holiday Resort can be included as part of your itinerary between the Coromandel and the Bay of Plenty regions.