Base Yourself Here, Explore Everywhere
Waihi Beach TOP 10 Holiday Resort is located:
- 1 hour from Tauranga (55km)
- 1 hour from Thames (64km)
- 1 hour 10 minutes from Matamata (106km)
- 1 hour 30 minutes from Hot Water Beach (99km)
- 1 hour 30 minutes from Hamilton (105km)
- 1 hour 40 minutes from Cathedral Cove (102km)
- 1 hour 50 minutes from Rotorua (110km)
- 2 hours from Coromandel Town (118km)
- 2 hours 20 minutes from Waitomo (168km)
This makes us a great location to base yourself and explore, with many day trips to choose from.
North from Waihi Beach
Coromandel – East Coast
- Hot Water Beach – Dig your own natural hot pools at the world famous Hot Water Beach. The natural hot waters can only be experienced an hour or so before and after low tide. If you want to check tide times to ensure they fit with your schedule, click here.
- Cathedral Cove – One of the most picturesque and iconic beaches in New Zealand.
- Whitianga & Mercury Bay – A delightful coastal township on the shores of the beautiful Mercury Bay.
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours Whitianga – A unique ecotourism adventure exploring a magical underwater world below the surface, and volcanic coastline above.
- Dive Zone Whitianga – Take a diving trip or learn to dive with Dive Zone Whitianga.
- Cathedral Cove Snorkel Trips – If you’d prefer to stay closer to the surface, take a snorkel trip to see the amazin sea life.
- Sea Kayaking Hahei – Kayaking tours explore Cathedral Cove, and the Remote Coast rarely seen by other travelers.
Coromandel – West Coast
- Thames Coast – Enjoy one of the most scenic roads in the North Island from Thames to Coromandel Town.
- Waiau Waterworks
- Driving Creek Railway and Potteries
South from Waihi Beach:
- Start at Katikati and take in the Open Art Mural walk
- Enjoy a stroll along the Haiku Pathway which follows the Uretara Stream behind Katikati.
Tauranga & Mount Maunganui
- Mount Maunganui (Mauao) – Take in the pristine white beaches, the beautiful walk around the base of the mountain, or to the summit for a breath taking view of the ocean and city.
- Tauranga & Mount Maunganui Cinema – Check out the lastest Movie.
- Swim with the Dolphins with Dolphin Blue or Dolphin Seafaris.
- Waimarino Adventure Park – A day filled with family fun.
- Polynesian Spa – rRlax in a choice of 26 hot mineral bathing pools
- Waimangu Volcanic Valley – The world’s youngest geothermal system, featuring the world’s largest hot spring.
- Hells Gate Geothermal Park and Mud Spa – Rotorua’s most active geothermal park.
- Skyline Rotorua Luge – Enjoy the gondola ride and then ride the luge, the whole family will enjoy the fun.
- Rainbow Springs – Where Kiwis play.
- Buried Village – Destroyed by the eruption of Mt Tarawera in 1886, the village of Te Wairoa is today a living museum.
- River Rats Raft & Kayak have been offering quality rafting for over 25 years.
West from Waihi Beach
Matamata, Hamilton & Waitomo
- Hobbition Movie Set (Matamata)
- Hamilton Gardens
- Hamilton Classic Car Museum
- Hamilton Zoo
- Waitomo Caves
Explore Waihi & Waihi Beach
If you don’t feel like going too far from Waihi Beach TOP 10 Holiday Resort, you can explore: