Woohoo! Well done to the All Blacks !
Congratulations to the Amazing All Blacks for winning the RWC 2015! Back to back champions creating world records! We are all so proud at the Waihi Beach TOP 10 Holiday Resort!
TOP 10 Course!
TOP 10 have just released a new course for staff to partake in which aims to build on the staff members existing skills and knowledge and improve them so they can help you out even more! The main focus is customer relations and improving knowledge of the TOP 10 systems and visions. We currently have 2 staff members well on the way to completing it and 5 who have just begun! They include;
Reception Team Leader: Julie
Reception Team: Samantha, Elaine and Stephanie
Grounds Team: Terry
Housekeeping Team: Sue and Sarah
Awesome work guys! We look forward to seeing the results!
Just to let you know!
- The Waihi Beach Medical Centre will be open 7 days a week from the 18th of December through to the 07th of February 2016!
- The Secret Garden has been revamped! Next time you are down at the beach make sure you check it out!
- The Waihi Beach Produce Market is an amazing market which harvests both food and crafts. Located opposite the Waihi Beach Pub every Sunday from 9am-12 noon it is definitely worth going down and checking it out when you are around!
- Farm Gate and Deli have renovated their stored and now have a fantastic new eating area! Be sure to experience it yourself next time you are down!
Camping meal of the month!
30 second Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding in a Mug
- 1 heaped tablespoon self raising flour
- 1 heaped tablespoon cocoa
- 1 heaped tablespoon sugar
- 1 and a half tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Mix together self raising flour, cocoa, sugar and milk in a coffee mug (or other small microwave proof jug).
- Sprinkle on top extra cocoa and brown sugar and carefully pour on hot water.
- Cook in microwave for 30 seconds. (Mixture should be combined and cooked. If undissolved cocoa exists, zap for an extra 10 seconds.)
- Pour into a bowl or add ice cream or cream to the cup.
Craft of the Month!
Backyard Kerplunk Game: The goal is to get out the sticks without any balls falling out. Children and adults will have a blast challenging each other with this.
What you’ll need:
- 4 (16-inch) 2 x 4 boards
- 4 (10-inch) 4 x 4 boards
- Spray paint
- Wire netting
- 18-gauge wire
- Wire cutters
- Staple gun and staples
- 30-40 bamboo garden stakes
- Ball Pit Balls
- Start by screwing the 16-inch 2 x 4 boards together to form a square.
- Next, screw the 10-inch 4 x 4 boards to the four corners of the square to make legs.
- Give the wood platform a coat of spray paint, and then let the paint dry.
- Make a tube out of the wire netting, and use the 18-gauge wire to hold it in place
- Place the wire tube on top of the wooden platform and use the staple gun to secure the tube to the platform.
- Slide the bamboo garden stakes through the openings in the wire tube. Make sure the stakes go all different directions and don’t leave any large gaps.
- Fill the top of the tube with the ball pit balls, and the game is ready to play!
How to play Ker-Plunk:
- Take turns having each player remove one stick at a time.
- The object of the game is to remove the stick without having any balls fall out.
- In the end, the player who has the lowest number of balls wins.
A recent change to the resorts scenery is the new culvert under the road. The council has been busy demolishing, first one side of the bridge and then the other, and replacing the 2 small round culverts with one large rectangular one. This has allowed the stream to run through more smoothly and we hope will improve the environment in the future. They have also constructed some new walls and barriers to stop us all falling off the bridge into the stream.